Dell 1700 Series Drum Reset Process
If the drum cartridge has not been replaced, it must be replaced before resetting the counter to avoid damaging the printer.
- Power off the printer.
- Open the front door.
- With the front door open, hold down the Continue button while powering on the printer.
- Keep holding continue until all lights start flashing then release the button.
- Once only the Error light is on, close the front door.
- At this point Continue, Ready/Data, Toner Low, and Load Paper should all be lit.
- Wait for the printer to make a sound as though it is about to print something. (This may take a minute.)
- Press Cancel 4 times SLOWLY (1 second between presses) to cycle through lights until ONLY the Toner Low light is on. (It may take more than 4 presses.)
- Press and hold Continue until all the lights cycle through and go back to Toner Low
- Cycle power on the printer.
- Press and release the Continue button to print out the settings page. Under Cartridge Information it should read Photoconductor: 0K